Sunday, November 18, 2012

Five Minute Spaghetti Squash Bowl


I don't know about you, but I've been in many situations (usually at the end of a long week) where I look into my refrigerator and there's hardly anything in there but a few odds and ends. And it's during these instances where my mind starts creating and discovering ways to combine whatever little bit of produce and leftovers that I have into meals. And I have to say, most of the time, I'm pretty impressed with my brief moments of genius. This meal was the product of one of those moments.
I realize I've never talked about spaghetti squash before on the blog, but I have to say it's one of my favorite squashes to cook with. All you do it cut it in half, scoop out the seeds, drizzle it with olive oil, and roast it cut-side-up at 375 degrees for 45 minutes to an hour. You then gently scoop out the flesh with a spoon and magically, you have spaghetti! Not just any type of spaghetti, but crazy healthy, vitamin A packed and perfectly al-dente spaghetti that can be used any way you would typically serve regular spaghetti. It's really awesome with a quick sauce made with sundried tomatoes and lots of garlic, I might add. Anyways, for this meal, I had half of a leftover cooked spaghetti squash in my refrigerator, plus a half head of broccoli. There were some kalamata olives leftover from a previous meal, plus a bit of goat feta cheese that I had bought as a treat a few days prior. That was about it. So, all I did was put the squash and broccoli in a frying pan with a splash of water, warmed it up until the broccoli was bright green, and topped it with the olives and cheese, plus a healthy grind of black pepper. It was one of the best lunches I had all week. Plus, it was ready to eat in 5 minutes. Gotta love those moments of genius.



For more fabulous food and photos from Nourish The Roots, 
be sure to follow on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest

6 comments:

  1. Five minute spaghetti squash bowl is ready. Try it and then tell me about the taste and more for such things which are needed. Check them as a better bestessays.com way and after taste them share your information with me which is really needed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All you need is to eat well in less time. I need such kind recipes as I am a Ph.D. student and I even don't have time to eat when I am doing my dissertation It's a hard task to complete but thanks to accounting dissertation writing service provider who are helping us in our tough time and thanks to you for sharing such kind of recipe that can finish midnight cravings while you have much work left.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A five-minute recipe is not bad to try these five minutes can kill your late-night craving too. I write a case study while enjoying this 5-minute spaghetti bowl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A recipe is marvelous and has a massive thing to do, where I need a good Toronto food delivery company, I need a firm that I have to rely on and work on long-term bases.

      Delete
  4. Health is wealth, as the saying goes. Everyone needs a diet plan to live a healthy life. Basically, I perform
    WordPress development services at a web design bolt company. It's very great, and every foodie should be aware of it. Thank you for your contribution.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The glucuronolactone market is being driven by the heightened demand for the product in the pharmaceutical sector. This can be attributed to the rapidly growing geriatric population, which is more susceptible to diseases and injuries and the rising incidences of chronic illnesses around the globe. In this regard, glucuronolactone helps to maintain the consistency of drugs.

    Check it out: microtome market
    eclinical solutions market

    ReplyDelete