Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Eating Raw and Collard Wraps

I'm eating raw foods this week. I'm going to try my hardest to eat only raw fruits, vegetables, nuts and seeds for a whole week. Going completely raw is something I've been curious about for awhile. I do eat lots of raw vegetables and fruits on a daily basis already, but I wanted to try being exclusively raw for a week. I figured it's a good time to do it since the temps are heading into the 90's over the next few days, and frankly, I don't feel like cooking in a hot little kitchen. Maybe I'll see some results and feel incredible. Maybe I'll just give my body a nice healthy dose of fresh produce and not feel any different. What I do know is that this isn't a permanent thing. I'm just expanding on my culinary adventures and doing some good for my body this week. A raw food cleanse never hurt anyone. We'll see how it goes! I'll try to post a few of the recipes I'll be making...they're pretty exciting and hopefully tasty.

Oh, and the collard wrap was part of my lunch this afternoon. Basically, I took a large collard leaf, stuffed it with some avocado, herbs, veggies and sprouts, and rolled it up like a burrito. For a super awesome tutorial on how to do it, check out this post. Enjoy! (and wish me luck this week...)



For more fabulous food and photos from Nourish The Roots, 
be sure to follow on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment