Friday, September 2, 2011

Heirloom Tomato Salad






Although summer is coming to an end, there are still tomatoes growing on the vines, so I'm taking every opportunity to enjoy them in all of their deliciousness. It's still quite warm outside, so a quick raw tomato salad is a perfect side dish that's really refreshing.



Heirloom tomatoes are really special. I love admiring their shapes, colors, and  flavors. Their flavors are even more pronounced in this salad where they're uncooked, lightly seasoned, and accented with some red onion, raw garlic, a nice zing of vinegar, and some olive oil. Oh, and some fresh basil on top of course if you have any.
Tomatoes remind me of our recent honeymoon in Italy and that makes me happy and sad at the same time. Happy to be reminded of such a beautiful place and beautiful memories, but sad because I long to go back. So, I guess that just means I'm going to sit and enjoy this here tomato salad, close my eyes, and pretend I'm there.

Heirloom Tomato Salad
2 pounds of tomatoes-any size, shape, or color you can find
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 quarter of a red onion, sliced very thinly
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Pinch of sea salt
Fresh basil leaves

1. Cut the tomatoes into approximately 2 inch pieces. I like to cut them fairly large in order for them to hold their shape. Put them in a large bowl.
2. Add the garlic, onion, vinegar, olive oil, a pinch of sea salt, and some torn fresh basil. Toss to coat the tomatoes and serve.


For more fabulous food and photos from Nourish The Roots, 
be sure to follow on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest

8 comments:

  1. I am impressed by the details that you have on this website. And also check this Intelligence Bureau Careers.

    ReplyDelete

  2. How do you clean a fabric sofa?

    How much does it cost to have a sofa cleaned?

    How do you clean a sofa?

    Can you get a couch professionally cleaned?

    شركة تنظيف كنب بمكة بالبخار


    شركة تنظيف كنب بمكة بالبخار

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the info, Check out whatsapp gb download the best mod apk

    ReplyDelete
  4. First you visit Carrom Pool Mod APK site once. Hello, this article is very good for you, I have liked everything mentioned in this article and I will definitely share it in my friend circle... Thank you!

    Brawl Stars Mod Apk

    ReplyDelete
  5. First you visit Carrom Pool Mod APK site once. Hello, this article is very good for you, I have liked everything mentioned in this article and I will definitely share it in my friend circle... Thank you!

    Brawl Stars Mod Apk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent Blog! I would like to thank for the efforts you have made in writing this post. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well. Also read my blog FM WhatsApp APK and Crunchyroll Premium APK

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is very interesting post. Get arabic app from here

    ReplyDelete