Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Meyer Lemons...A Taste of Sunshine


I discovered Meyer lemons for the first time over the weekend. I'm in love. They are thought to be a cross between a true lemon and a Mandarin orange and they're not widely found in typical grocery stores. You may not be able to tell from the photos, but they are these small, smooth, floral-scented, yellow-orange gems.  Yes, the peel really smells like flowers. And the flesh smells like oranges. And they taste like super sour tangerines. And they're not as yellow as a typical lemon. Ok, I'm really not doing them enough justice in this description, but believe me when I tell you, they're divine. I wasn't very creative today and didn't make anything special with them. But I did manage to cut one open and squeeze some of its sparkling juice into a nice glass of cold water.  It made my water so much more special and I smiled. I felt like I was drinking sunshine.

4 comments:

  1. A cross between lemon and a tangerine sounds so great. I love citrus! I had never heard about Mayer lemons before. Thanks for posting about them

    ReplyDelete
  2. My grandfather has a farm and has few types of lemon plants and all of them have their own unique taste. I will ask him if one of them is Meyer or not. Thanks for sharing the information.

    ReplyDelete

  3. رش مبيدات بالمدينة المنورة رش مبيدات بالمدينة المنورة
    رش مبيدات بالدمام رش مبيدات بالدمام
    مكافحة الحمام بالمدينة المنورة مكافحة الحمام بالمدينة المنورة



    غسيل خزانات بمكة غسيل خزانات بمكة
    غسيل خزانات بجدة غسيل خزانات بجدة
    غسيل خزانات بالدمام غسيل خزانات بالدمام

    ReplyDelete