Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Quick Pickles

 I live in a cute little apartment in Seattle. I love many things about it. It's got a cute kitchen full of natural light, gorgeous hardwood floors throughout, and two big bedrooms. The thing I wish it had? A backyard. Why? Because I want a vegetable garden. Someday.

 I can't complain too much because I also happen to live within walking distance of a great summer farmers market that happens every Friday. It has been a little routine of ours to put baby Hazel in the sling and walk with her to the market every Friday. There, I pick out vegetables and fruit for the week, sometimes even picking up some fresh bread and lacto-fermented pickles from my favorite little booth. I've made lacto-fermented pickles before here, but when I don't feel like making them, I buy them.
I recently tried making quick pickles with some beautiful local veggies and I loved how easy they were to make. And the best part is that they were ready to eat in two days and I didn't have to sterilize any jars. It was a win all around. They're refreshingly crisp and tangy and in my opinion, pickling is the best was to use local produce. I used cucumbers, carrots, green beans, radishes, garlic, and hot  peppers and the results were perfect.

Quick Pickled Vegetables Recipe


For more fabulous food and photos from Nourish The Roots, 
be sure to follow on FacebookInstagram, and Pinterest

2 comments:

  1. Wow these pickles look really beautiful and colourful. You really inspired me to make one of these for my kitchen too. That’s for sharing those amazing photos with us

    ReplyDelete
  2. My ex-husband and I had always managed to stay friendly after our divorce in February 2017. But I always wanted to get back together with him, All it took was a visit to this spell casters website last December, because my dream was to start a new year with my husband, and live happily with him.. This spell caster requested a specific love spell for me and my husband, and I accepted it. And this powerful spell caster began to work his magic. And 48 hours after this spell caster worked for me, my husband called me back for us to be together again, and he was remorseful for all his wrong deeds. My spell is working because guess what: My “husband” is back and we are making preparations on how to go to court and withdraw our divorce papers ASAP. This is nothing short of a miracle. Thank you Dr Emu for your powerful spells. Words are not enough. here is his Email: emutemple@gmail.com or call/text him on his WhatsApp +2347012841542

    He is also able to cast spell like 1: Lottery 2: Conceive 3: Breakup 4: Divorce 5: Cure for all kinds of diseases and viruses.

    ReplyDelete