Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Spaghetti Squash with Chickpea Tomato Sauce


 Vegetables never cease to amaze me. Between their incredible health benefits, gorgeous colors, and scrumptious flavors, they're probably my favorite food group (besides croissants). The winter squash is no exception. I mean, just take a stroll through your local farmers market this time of year and you'll see the many different shapes, colors, and sizes of squash. It's incredible. 
So let me talk about spaghetti squash for a minute. This squash is seriously magical. It's a golden yellow color and it's an easy-to-handle shape (think symmetrical and oval, not lumpy and bumpy like Mr. Turban). It bakes relatively quickly and leaves you with gorgeous nutrient-dense noodles that can be topped with any sauce you desire. Seriously, I probably cook up a spaghetti squash at least once a week this time of year. It's my fave.
This spaghetti squash deliciousness is topped with a rich and flavorful chickpea tomato sauce, full of herbs and garlic and satisfying creamy chickpeas. If you've ever felt guilty (or straight-up bloated) after eating a bowl of traditional spaghetti, then I suggest you give this a try. I guarantee you'll be pleasantly surprised!

This recipe is a part of my contribution to Life by DailyBurn. To see the full recipe, head on over to their site!

Link to Recipe Here

For more fabulous food and photos from Nourish The Roots, 
be sure to follow on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest

4 comments: