Monday, October 7, 2013

Sweet Potato Apple Cinnamon Muffins: Vegan and Gluten-Free


It seems like everyone out there has some type of food allergy or sensitivity. Or they're avoiding some type of ingredient. Or they're trying some new diet. I think it's great that more and more people are becoming aware about the food they put in their bodies instead of blindly consuming anything and everything. I'm all about eating quality, whole foods that are healthy and delicious, while avoiding foods that don't help my body in any way. I also think that food allergies are becoming more and more common largely due to the effects of an industrialized food system and compromised digestive systems. It's a sad truth that the number of people who suffer with food related issues is rising.

Over the years, I've tried different ways of eating. I've cut out certain ingredients and then reintroduced them. I've listened to my body and how it felt when I did so. And to be honest, sometimes it's hard to listen to your body when you're inundated with information about how your body should feel. It takes time to really be in tuned with it. I want to be able to support people on their food journey of discovery through this blog. I want to provide recipes that everyone can eat, because I understand what it's like to feel like you can't eat anything. And while my recipes aren't completely allergen-free, (it's impossible to write a food blog without using any allergens...sorry) I try my best to include recipes that almost everyone can enjoy.

These sweet potato apple cinnamon muffins can be enjoyed by many . They're vegan, gluten-free, and refined-sugar free. The base of the muffins is rolled oats and sweet potato, with the added bonus of apples, coconut oil, and coconut sugar. They're as delicious and moist as they are healthy...I know this because my husband practically ate the entire batch in one sitting. So head on over to Life by DailyBurn for this muffin recipe and enjoy.

Click Here for Recipe 




For more fabulous food and photos from Nourish The Roots, 
be sure to follow on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest

3 comments:

  1. Unfortunately these cannot be called gluten free unless they are made specifically with gluten free oats. Most regular oats are contaminated due to handling/processing/growing conditions. My son is celiac and even the tiniest amount of regular oats triggers an episode. I would hate for some well-meaning person to make these for someone who is celiac or gluten intolerant, thinking they would be ok.

    They are delicious though! I added cardamom, ground cloves and nutmeg, in addition to the cinnamon. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a sad truth that the number of people who suffer with food related issues is rising. English Songs Download

    ReplyDelete

  3. EducationHealth - Healthy food is not only based on fruits and vegetables .There are so many healthy meals around you that you can consumption .In addition to the grain , spices variegated in indonesia is also bring health benefits.

    See more article.... please visit http://www.educationhealth.tk/2015/07/not-only-fragrant-cinnamon-also-able-to.html

    ReplyDelete