Saturday, February 19, 2011

Poached Eggs with Kale

Ok, so I really like kale in case you didn't notice. It really is a superfood and adding it to the diet can do a body so much good! Research shows that kale's nutrient richness stands out in antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and anti-cancer properties. Read much more about kale and many healthy foods here

This particular dish is something that I make when I really am not feeling too creative at dinner time. I always have kale or another sort of green on hand and I always have eggs. And do we even need to mention garlic? I always have about three heads of the stuff at all times. There really isn't much of a recipe here. You just chop up some kale into strips (enough to fill up a bowl to make a nice little "nest" for your poached eggs) and chop up a clove or two of garlic. Heat some olive oil in a good sized frying pan, add the garlic, and then add the kale. Adding a few tablespoons of broth or water to the pan can help the kale wilt nicely without burning it. The trick here is to not overcook the kale. Keep it on a very low flame, keep it moving, and don't cook it for long. The powerful health benefits of this vegetable (and many other vegetables, for that matter) can be compromised at high heat. Once the kale is  bright green, I turn off the heat. I add some salt and red pepper flakes, maybe some chopped grape tomatoes and olives (feel free to add whatever you like) and eat it with two perfectly  poached local eggs. An excellent tutorial on how to perfectly poach an egg can be seen here. It takes some practice to get the technique right. Use the best eggs you can get your hands on. Quality really does count when you're eating a semi-cooked egg. I am amazed every time I eat a local, truly free range egg how bright and vibrant orange the yolk is.  A nice piece of whole grain toast to accompany it all and to soak up the goodness is always welcomed.

6 comments:

  1. Much obliged for sharing a brilliant encounter....new cooking games

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very interesting about roots and eggs that are used in winter to escape from the cold. I appreciate your writing style which is very easy to read it completely.
    Assignment writing service

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your content and the lessons you share with your readers. Every time I read a post, https://masteressaywriters.co.uk/blogs/top-10-essay-topics-for-compare-and-contrast-essay I feel like I am able to take advantage of this post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't about that Egg with kale is using for diet, But when I read your blog I thought it was joke or prank but it is really good news so thank for providing great news with us.
    Automotive Engineering Dissertation Topics

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't about that Egg with kale is utilizing for diet, But when I read your blog I thought it was joke or trick however it is truly uplifting news so thank for giving extraordinary news us.
    information and news

    ReplyDelete